Loyens & Loeff
In the last few years, digital technologies have started to change our profession in depth. Automated drafting, artificial intelligence applied to document review, transaction workflow automation, legal analytics, to name just a few, are changing the way we deliver our services but are also creating opportunities to offer new solutions to clients. We are convinced that the Covid-19 situation will amplify these developments. In this context, Loyens & Loeff has decided to invest to accelerate the adoption of technology in our firm and to start paving the way to becoming the next generation law & tax firm. We are looking for talented Legal Engineers who are excited to join us in driving the digital transformation of Loyens & Loeff.
Note: This vacancy is open for application for people who live in one of our home markets: Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Your responsibilities as a Legal Engineer
- Support prioritisation of use cases by preparing ease of implementation assessment
- Supports problem worth solving (stage 1) e.g. user journey mapping resulting to define opportunities to make right choices
- Prepares problem-solution fit (stage 2) e.g. project charter in co-creation with product owner
- Builds accelerator technology solutions (stage 2) e.g. automated drafting or automated review in fit with identified use cases
- Drives fit-for-purpose test problem-solution fit (stage 2) to test chosen solutions on small scale in co-creation with product owner, SME & IT
- Supports innovation accounting
- Supports scale up (stage 3) to roll out validated solutions across the business
- Liaises with software solution providers to get best out of accelerator technologies from an engineering perspective
- Delivers ongoing maintenance, evolution, further integration of accelerator technologies (e.g. priority technology automated drafting, automated review or assessment of pre-accelerator technologies like automated workflow etc.)
This vacancy is something for you, because
- You are a Law graduate & have affinity with IT
- You have an excellent command of the English language in both word and writing and an understanding of the French language is a plus
- You are experienced with the scrum-agile work method and design thinking
- You have an ability to fully engage & discuss legal documentation & processes with subject matter experts
- You have excellent analytical skills, creative mentality and you are a solution driven thinker
- You are pro-active, self-reliant, and have a strong sense of responsibility
- Most of all, you are a team player, have great execution strength and able to keep the oversight of complex and ever changing program delivery.
A wonderful opportunity to develop in a leading international law firm with a strong identity, collegial atmosphere and excellent pay and conditions. Self-development is considered very important within Loyens & Loeff and ambitious goals are encouraged.
Who are we?
Loyens & Loeff is a fully independent law firm specialized in law and tax. Each problem requires a customized solution. Our pragmatic approach and drive to devise innovative solutions allow us to effectively address the demands of our clients’ domestic and international businesses. Thanks to the broad range of our legal experience, know-how and the size of our practices, we offer top-level advice, locally and internationally. We are committed to meeting our clients’ needs at the highest quality level and in the most efficient way. Our Innovation & Tech team is a team of innovators who are excited to lead the digital revolution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.