Lean Six Sigma Analyst
We are currently looking for a Lean Six Sigma Analyst to join our Vario team in any of our UK offices.
The Lean Six Sigma Analyst is responsible for assisting, and at time leading, transformation of business processes using Lean and / or Six Sigma methodologies with the aim of creating a process-managed organisation to better deliver business or client outcomes.
Pinsent Masons Vario provides a range of professional services to our clients. These include flexible legal provision, diversity & inclusion consultancy, legal project management, legal technology consultancy and managed legal services.
The consulting and technology team, where this role partially sits, provides indirect and direct services to clients. Indirect services include supporting the emerging managed legal service and client engagements to other practice groups. Direct client engagements are chargeable and provide technology solutions, advisory services and implementation support. Efficient process design and optimisation is a prerequisite for many consulting activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and deliver Green belt projects with minimal coaching and supervision. This includes post-implementation process reviews to ensure that successful delivery has been achieved; identify, manage and raise any risks or issues to successful delivery of the project in a timely manner and ensuring that documentation is kept up-to-date and stored in an agreed central, accessible location for the project team
- Lead and facilitate workshops to establish current processes, identify and drive process improvement ideas and solutions
- Coach Yellow belts through their certification process, in line with the existing Lean Six Sigma curriculum
- Lead (where appropriate) and support non-certified Lean and Six Sigma training
- Identify and eliminate unnecessary complexity within business processes and recommend better ways of working, using Lean tools and techniques supported by technology where appropriate
- Assess and understand the impact of process and/or technology change and ensure that appropriate supporting materials are produced (to include training and communications, reporting and systems enhancements)
- Analyse data, using Six Sigma tools, to make objective recommendations: this includes identifying trends, variation and efficiency to make objective recommendations regarding process capability and performance
- Understand customer demand through analysis of Voice of the Customer / Process / Business; make recommendations based on appropriation of CTQ's
- Effectively present performance recommendations to a breadth of stakeholders
- Support development of a 'best in industry' Lean Six Sigma programme
If you are the right candidate for us, you will have certification in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and the ability to execute projects using PDCA and DMAIC methodologies.
- Experience of working within a framework of continuous improvement in an international organisation.
- Proven experience with process modelling including the use of appropriate modelling tools, techniques and standards.
- Understanding of product management principles and product ownership techniques to support the creation of themes, epics, features and user stories aligned to business plans and strategic technology roadmap.
- Some knowledge of statistical packages, ideally Minitab.
- An ability to apply a Lean Six Sigma skill set across a plethora of business problems; proficient use of a broad range of Lean Six Sigma tools, applicable throughout the project lifecycle.
- Competence in identifying where improvement opportunities can be sourced, if that is low-level process opportunities or thematic systemic transformation.
- Ability to decipher data to make informed recommendations to stakeholders.
- Expert in workshop facilitation and customer engagement techniques including the use of process and mapping tools, process modelling, analysis and simulation tools.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products: particularly PowerPoint and Visio.
What can we offer you?
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
- We envisage this role being a full time position, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Multinational law firm with offices across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.