New York, NY, USA Remote
Hotshot is a young company that’s bringing digital learning to the legal industry. Our short, practical videos and related content help lawyers and law students develop their legal, business, and technology skills—and enable law firms and law schools to offer more effective training programs. Our subscribers include Am Law 100 firms, global and regional firms, and top law schools.
We’re a dynamic, growing company with an exciting and excited team that’s passionate about education and training.
We’re seeking someone that loves writing and editing to help us create materials for our videos. The successful candidate will work with senior members of the content and video production teams and help direct and shape our editorial processes. The work will include:
• Writing and editing the quizzes, outlines, and training materials that accompany our videos (which are based on scripts written by the team)
• Reviewing materials written by our subject matter experts to ensure Hotshot style
• Translating content from our scripts into screen-friendly language for the videos
• Reviewing drafts of videos to ensure accuracy and Hotshot style
• Managing and organizing the process of developing our training materials
This is a remote role and can be done from anywhere (we’re a remote company).
Qualified candidates will have the following credentials and attributes:
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to summarize complex concepts clearly
• Interest in education and training
• Experience in content or video production is a plus
• Experience with legal, financial, educational, or other technical writing is a plus
• Able to work independently and against deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• A positive team player that enjoys a start-up environment
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please contact Ian Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Hotshot is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.