Toronto, ON, Canada
We are currently seeking a Content Strategist to join our Marketing team in Vancouver, Toronto, or elsewhere in Canada (some exceptions may apply).
Join our growing, award-winning Content and Communications team and drive our business goals by helping everyone on our Marketing team keep SEO best practices top of mind. Clio’s Content and Communication team handles some of the most impactful and exciting projects at Clio, including the launch of CEO Jack Newton’s first book, the creation of our award-winning and extensively cited Legal Trends Report, and the management of our industry-leading blog that’s read by thousands of legal professionals each month. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, loves testing, and cares about results—this team received Clio’s 2020 Team of the Year award for incredible performance and teamwork.
Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported along your career journey to take chances and grow into the professional you want to be.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a talented, experienced writer and editor that is passionate about reaching business goals via SEO. You have a deep, robust knowledge of SEO and Google ranking factors, and you prioritize impact over perfection, but you know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills that let you capture the nuances of different topics to meet search intent. You have a curious mind and an ability to give target audiences exactly what they’re looking for. You bring a level of excellence to the table that will add to Clio’s brand recognition and leadership position in the legal technology space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a key driver for our overall content SEO strategy and focus, working closely with other members of the Marketing team.
- Work with our in-house digital strategy team and SEO agency to prioritize keyword topics based on search volume, competitiveness, and relevance to Clio’s brand and business goals. You’ll also work with this team to identify new search trends and opportunities.
- Monitor performance and help to identify and prioritize opportunities to update existing content and core site pages to increase competitiveness in search results, with strategies driven by competitive keyword research.
- Support our in-house Blog Editor in their responsibilities of maintaining our blog calendar, working with freelance writers to produce content, and promoting content by delivering detailed updates to our content strategy and detailed briefs for posts including competitive keyword research. You’ll also support by writing and/or copyediting drafts, and providing feedback in a timely manner as needed.
- Contribute to our backlink strategy and work with our Backlink Specialist on approaches and guest post opportunities as needed.
- Support special projects from an SEO perspective, including product releases and demand gen campaigns as needed.
- Track performance against our SEO goals, supported by our digital strategy team.
You should have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or English with a strong SEO acumen.
- 3-5 years of experience writing and editing content for SEO, and determining SEO content strategy (either in-house or agency).
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and crafting content that ranks and converts.
- Case studies in which you implemented SEO best practices to a brand and saw results.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Wordpress.
- Experience with SEO tracking and keyword research tools such as DragonMetrics, Moz, or Ahrefs.
- Analytical skills to dig into website data and track content performance.
- Solid understanding and work experience in content writing, content marketing, and SEO keyword research.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience editing freelance writers and writing detailed content briefs based on competitive keyword research.
- A drive to dig out primary sources and a comfort turning stats into truly original content.
- Proven experience conducting interviews with subject matter experts and incorporating authoritative quotes into pieces to support SEO.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on the ins and outs of niche industries (in this case, the legal industry).
- Ability to work independently.
- Proactive, organized, and collaborative teammate.
Nice to have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Solid understanding of technical SEO
- Experience related to the legal industry
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
Your application has been successfully submitted.