Senior Legal Technologist
Addleshaw Goddard is a premium international business law firm with an exceptional breadth of services; we are known for the quality of our advice, the imagination we bring and the impact we make.
We are a Firm which has innovation built into its DNA, no matter the challenge, we deliver bespoke, platforms for our clients, providing them with smart, usable solutions that are customised, collaborative and integrate into their businesses.
We have been ranked the 7th Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe at the FT's Innovative Lawyer Awards 2018, and are multi- award winners for our legal technology, innovation and knowledge management delivery for clients.
To maintain this enviable reputation we looking to grow our Innovation and Legal Technology with an ambitious Legal Technologist. Reporting into the Senior Managers within the Innovation and Legal Technology team, this individual will help to deliver measurable efficiencies across the Firm and our to clients.
- Reporting to and supporting the Senior Manager, Innovation and Legal Technology with the delivery of innovative soltuions and projects to clients across the business
- Scoping, defining and managing the more technical and complex projects for clients and divisions across the firm
- Assisting at each stage of the development of new products and services, and the delivery to clients of new solutions
- Configuring client HighQ sites, including document automation, alert coding and data visualisation
- Assisting with the assessment and deployment of new software solutions, including running proof of concepts (POCs)
- Interacting with clients regarding project design and delivery
- Engaging across the Firm to promote Legal Technology and Innovation including attending internal and external meetings and proactively identifying and promoting opportunities to use technology to solve problems
- Liaising with IT, InfoSec, Risk and Procurement to ensure the team can react quickly to change whilst operating within firm guidelines for security
- Liaising with and working with the Transaction Services Team and other parts of the AG Intelligent Delivery division from time to time
- An understanding and applying principles of the IT strategy to deliver innovative solutions which support the firm's longer term technology strategy
- Peer check the work of others to ensure a consistent approach is adopted
- Work alongside fee-earners developing process maps. take instructions and ensure that requirements are understood
In addition to the above, we would also expect a Senior Legal Technologist to:
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to other members of the team
- Contribute to pitch proposals
- Assist with team development initiatives
- Regularly review product branding, ensuring all work is within branding guidelines
- Deliver training within the team and externally around the business
- Become a specialist overseeing AI, products and third party software
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (bespoke to role)
- Prior experience in delivering legal technology projects within the legal industry
- Experience engaging with stakeholders at all different levels of seniority as well as the ability to influence and get buy-in from others
- Have a good working knowledge of and be skilled in the development of bespoke builds on technology platforms such as HighQ, SharePoint, Microsoft Platforms, Kira and Luminance
- An understanding of the challenges affecting law firms and the changing legal services market
- An understanding of how legal work is delivered
- Effective personal, organisational and time management skills when managing priorities and incoming task requests
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency, consistently demonstrating a flexible proactive "can-do" attitude
- A positive, enthusiastic and conscientious work ethic
- The ability to plan and manage larger pieces of work
Your application has been successfully submitted.