This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 70% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm's in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
The individual in this role will design and implement technical solutions to support a range of Software Engineering projects, with a focus on Data Science, Data Engineering, and Machine Learning.? You must be capable of solving a range of technical data challenges, each expecting you to assess the requirements, propose a solution and manage delivery.
These projects could require you to work alone, with our Data Scientists, or as part of the wider Strategy team. Our business challenges are always unique.
The function leverages advanced technologies where expertise is required. The role requires an individual who is innovative and forward-looking.? You'll be the kind of person who wants to try new things, and who is inquisitive in nature. You will be comfortable developing different approaches to a problem, as well as conducting small research projects to see what is possible with specific technologies.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for design and delivery of a range of technical software engineering projects, from small proof of concepts to building software systems to support the exchange of data sets and associated Machine Learning algorithms.
- Building APIs to access database and data application structures to enable automated aggregation and transfer of information between systems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining technical cloud infrastructure.
- Several years working within a commercial environment is essential.
- Bachelors level education in a relevant technical subject or equivalent technical experience is essential. Masters level education is preferable.
- Familiarity with Devops principles and CI/CD approaches is preferable.
- Experience of building APIs to make Data available using REST and other approaches is essential. Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask and Django technologies is desirable.
- Experience of data storage and analysis technologies including SQL is essential. An understanding of NoSQL Databases, key-value stores and graph databases such as Neo4j is desirable.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services/Azure and other Cloud infrastructure providers, Docker and container technologies is desirable.
- Experience of Machine Learning libraries such as Scikit Learn is desirable.
- Experience with using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform is desirable.
- Highly flexible and open to change, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Detail-orientated with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, techniques and information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Pro-active and takes initiative, able to manage projects and workload independently.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's business. But it's personal.