Full Stack Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In the U.S. alone, 86% of civil legal needs go unmet. Every day, individuals and families in our communities are battling issues of housing, immigration, food insecurity and racial justice without the legal representation they need to help them secure their rights. In the last year, COVID-19 and the ensuing economic crisis have made this need more critical than ever.
At Paladin, we envision a future where a global network of attorneys and legal organizations work together to deliver pro bono services to low-income individuals. We are building a team of self-starters, design thinkers, and visionary coders to create that future.
Today, our software is used by top law firms, corporate legal teams and legal service organizations to work together in the delivery of pro bono legal services to those in need. Our SaaS product connects organizations and individuals within the pro bono ecosystem to make pro bono attorney recruitment efficient and timely and provide data insights into organizations’ pro bono programs.
We are scaling our customer base, expanding into new markets and making investments in the future of our product. We are looking for an experienced and creative engineer to be an anchor on our small but growing team and help us scale.
In this role you’ll:
- Scope, own and lead end-to-end execution of large roadmap projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- Make technical decisions that evolve our software architecture and lay foundations for the future.
- Contribute to our core SaaS product — designing and developing new domain models, implementing application services and building frontend experiences.
- Build APIs and data-driven products that offer a new depth of insight to the legal services ecosystem.
- Improve engineering team practices, processes and principles to help us be the most effective team we can be.
You might be a great fit if:
- You are excited about our mission. When you stack rank criteria for your next job, mission is at the top of the list. You believe technology can play a role in improving our society.
- You are an experienced builder. You have 4+ years of experience building products from scratch and putting them in the hands of users.
- You are self-sufficient. You want to be given big problems to tackle and the ownership to design and build solutions.
- You are a strong communicator. Being a great engineer is not just about writing code but also being able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- You are omnivorous. You’ve tackled projects up and down the stack like building APIs and integrations, creating user experiences and getting deep into data models to create analytics dashboards.
- You can thrive in the startup environment. You have a growth mindset and know how to drive down ambiguity to build consensus around solutions. You are comfortable being scrappy to get the job done.
- You can help us on our journey to becoming the engineering team we want to be.
- Backend: Python / Django
- Frontend: React JS, Material UI, Apollo, Django templates, HTML, CSS / Sass
- Database: Postgres, Redshift
- Cloud: Heroku and AWS
- Analytics: dbt, Segment, Metabase
Working at Paladin
What we offer:
- The chance to make a big impact on a small team
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- Competitive salary
- Top notch health care
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous vacation package
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Whether you’re a pro bono counsel, a legal service organization, or a lawyer, Paladin is here to help you do more and better pro bono.